To say that Term 1 has been busy would be an extreme understatement! We have been involved in a wide range of mahi across all three pou Kia Māori, Kia Mātau, Kia Tū Rangatira ai. This mahi is important to establish a strong culture and build whanaungatanga in the Kura. Our ākonga, both at Paenuku and Paerangi, have excelled in everything that has been asked of them and have been a credit to themselves, our Kura and their whānau. In this issue, I have attempted to capture the events and activity we have been involved in so far this year.
In this issue
- Paenuku Opening
- Kia Māori – start of year activities including the annual hikoi and Leader’s Retreat, and a number of kapa haka performances
- Kia Mātau – 2014 NCEA results and the Paenuku art exhibition
- Kia Tū Rangatira ai – integration of the Leadership Academy of A Company, Anzac Day commemorations, the launch of the Esther Muriwai Foundation, and lots of sporting success.
- Upcoming Events – also see the online calendar
- Permission slip for the April 25 field trip to the Waka launch in Taipa. This permission slip is also online here.