- Primary and intermediate (Years 1–8) / kura tuatahi, Principal
- Pāngarau, Hangarau, Te Reo Māori, Tikanga ā-iwi, Ngā Toi, Pūtaiao, Ngā Reo, Hauora, Te Reo Pākehā
Seeking an inspirational academic and operational leader (U3) to take our kura forward as a newly established, designated character, total immersion kura in 2019.
Te Kāpehu Whetū Teina (Y1–8) has grown a reputation for the delivery of high-quality Māori medium education within a strong whānau environment.
We are charting a new educational direction in pursuit of collective excellence and high personal achievement. Our mission is to unlock the potential of our tamariki while honouring the deeds of our tupuna.
The designated character of Te Kāpehu Whetū (Tuakana) reflects a kura committed to te reo me ona tikanga o Ngāpuhi-nui-tonu with adherence to te Tiriti O Waitangi and the rights accorded us, with particular reference to Article 3 which grants us the rights of citizenship which were affirmed by the men of the 28 (Māori) Battalion who paid the ultimate price of citizenship.
This serves as the korowai for the kura and cements our unique educational approach of providing a tikanga Māori-based programme of learning that includes and supports ākonga to achieve their aspirations within the kura and beyond.
It builds on our three pou:
Kia Māori – an education and environment that validates Māori knowledge and ways of learning
Kia Mātau – encouraging innovation, inquiry and the development of specialised knowledge and skills
Kia Tū Rangatira Ai – the development of strong character and personal excellence, living with mana.
‘Tu ki te marae…Tu ki te ao’
Seeking a dynamic leader who provides:
- A demonstrated commitment to Te Reo Māori and our designated character
- Distributed leadership
- A robust pastoral care system within a Māori framework
- Commitment to student-centred, evidence-based decision making
- Outstanding relationship management across stakeholders
- An innovative curriculum and e-learning environment for 21st century learners
- Ability to inspire and challenge their team and stakeholders to deliver the board’s strategic vision.
How to apply
For a copy of the job description email or phone Elisa. Email your CV and covering letter to the CEO, He Puna Marama Trust, c/-
Elisa Kawiti, Corporate Manager
Box 6020, Otaika, Whangarei 0140
(09) 438 4228
Vacancy reference #:1H9kbH