Tū ki te marae, tū ki te ao, tihewa mauri ora. Tēna tātou e te whānau, tuatahi, me mihi ki tō tātou matua nui i te rangi, nāna nei ngā mea katoa. Tuarua, ki ngā mate hohua o te wā, haere. Haere ki pae maumahara, haere ki te kainga tūturu mō tāua te tangata. Mate atu he tete kura, ko rātou tēna i okioki ai. Ara ake he tete kura, ka hoki tēnei ki ngā kanohi ora, koutou rā e te whānau, tēna koutou.
This week’s pānui for your information.
Whole of Kura Pōwhiri—Tuesday 9 February
Venue: Te Kāpehu Whetū gymnasium, 168 Lower Dent St, Whangarei.
- 9.00am: Arrival current students and staff
- 10.00am: Start of pōwhiri for all new students, new staff and their whānau
- 11.00am: Light morning tea (all whānau of current students to please bring a plate to tautoko the kaupapa)
- 12.00pm: Paenuku ākonga to move to 78 Tarewa Rd campus for mihi whakatau for the opening of their new buildings.
Paerangi (Years 11—13) Hikoi
Date: Tuesday 9 February – Thursday 11 February
Venue: Ngunguru Marae
- Depart Te Kāpehu Whetū: 12.00pm, Tuesday 9 February by bus from Paerangi
- Arrive (Te Kāpehu Whetū): 3.00pm, Thursday 11 February by bus at Paerangi
A gear list will be emailed to all Paerangi whānau. There is no cost but all whānau to provide home baking for the hikoi please.
Paetawhiti (Years 7– 10) Day Trip to Whangarei Pools
Date: Friday 12 February.
- Depart 9.00am from the Kura
- Arrive back 3:00pm at the Kura
All ākonga to bring their own packed lunch, drink bottle and $4 for entry.
Paenuku (Years 1—6) Ngā Kaiako o te whānau Rumaki
This year we welcome Whāea Ruruhi, Whāea Ngapera and Whāea Puataata into our teaching team. Whāea Ngapera will be teaching our tuakana in Mangoroa from week 5. For the first four weeks Whāea Hoana will be working with Mangoroa learning group. Whāea Ruruhi will be teaching in Tawera and Whāea Puataata is teaching in Rangi.
- Mere Meremere – Whāea Hera
- Tū Ahiahi – Whāea Te Rerenga
- Rangi – Whāea Puataata
- Tawera– Whāea Ruruhi
- Mangoroa – Whāea Hoana / Whāea Ngapera
- Pouāwhina – Whāea Te Aroha
- Tari— Whāea Lara/Whāea Hoana
Key Sports Dates for the First Term
Following are the key dates on our sports calendar for the first term:
- Adam Blair Rugby League Competition (NOTE: all games are played on Wednesday): February 17 and 24; March 2, 9, 16, 23 and 30. The final is on April 6.
- Volleyball Indoor Boys – March 1.
- Volleyball Indoor Girls – March 3.
- Athletics South Zone – March 8.
- Bowls Kamo – March 11.
- Touch (Seniors), Kaikohe – March 11.
- Track and Field – March 17.
- Zone 1 Touch (Auckland) – March 19.
- Volleyball Finals – March 23.
- Waka Ama Secondary Schools Nationals (Rotorua) – April
Congratulations to the players, coaches, managers and whānau of the U9s and U13s mixed elite teams on their recent gold medal performances at the Touch Inter Provincial in Rotorua (IPS). The teams went through the tournament undefeated.
Te Kāpehu Whetū was represented in the winning teams by Te Aroha Kukutai-Wairau, Phoenix Kaipo and Amiria Vause. Our Sports Coordinator Dallas Katene managed one of the teams.
We would also like to acknowledge the other ākonga from our Kura that also played in other teams to a high standard: Mahina Kukutai-Wairau, Kaepara Kukutai-Wairau and other whānau connections namely Te Aroha Vause, Te Mahia Kukutai-Wairau, Wiremu Katene and Kurtis Williams.
Players, whānau and management wish to acknowledge the support from He Puna Marama Trust and look forward to 2017.