We had our second visit this week from the team from ERO (Education Review Office) who provided considerable advice, insight, and support. We look forward to the final report coming out shortly.
Reports for Mangoroa are now available from Whaea Serena with the rest due out in 2 weeks
Hei ta Tangaroa… “TIAKI MAI I AHAU, MĀKU ANŌ KOE E TIAKI”
Ko te kaupapa o te wāhanga tuawhā, ko Tangaroa. Ko Tangaroa me ōna hononga, herenga, riponga katoa.
He kai tiaki, he taonga, he tipua
He ariki, he taniwha, he tupua
He Nohonga Ngātautanga Ahau me Te Taiao
- Week 6 was full with wāhine Māori visiting from ERO – They enjoyed time with Paetata, and Paetawhiti ākonga and were proud of them all. Compliments were received at wā whakarite. They mentioned how they felt the wairua of the kaupapa and commented on the commitment shown by ākonga.
- Paetata and Paetawhiti kōhine enjoyed a day of cooking and sharing their talents with each other. They planned the day and brought all the ingredients they needed to create their own delicious dish, in some cases more than one dish.
- Ākonga enjoyed a day learning and creating ‘tukutuku’, an innovative and contemporary way that teaches the traditional Māori art form of tukutuku. The most amazing learning – our ākonga were able to tell their own story through tukutuku.
Whānau, please note
- Our kura has high expectations of ourselves and ākonga, therefore, we need to attend consistently, be awake, follow the hygiene and dress standards, and be well-rounded in our hauora.
- Healthy kai (provided) and Wai Māori are the only acceptable kai allowed at TKW. Please ensure that your tamariki has a clean and named water bottle with them each day.
As part of the merge process, Te Kāpehu Whetū has been working with SchoolDocs to create a website for our policies and procedures. We are excited to announce that the site is now live and available to our school community. Access details are in the newsletter.
Important Dates (October-December)
NCEA exams, Moana futures (Tau 7, 8, 9, 10), Teachers Only Days, Iron Maori Tamaki, Paenuku Prize Giving, Graduation & Paerangi Prize giving.