Following the loss of our Aunty Peggy last week, on Saturday we lost another of our Mareikura, Whaea Wikitoria Wright, the 93-year-old wife of Ross Rawson Wright our 10th Academy Intake.
As we did last week, the Academy and staff traveled to Waikaretu marae, on the Pouto peninsula, to pay our respects.
Ko te kaupapa mō tēnei wahanga whakamutunga ko Tangaroa. Nō reira ka tukana ngā kōrero ō tēna ō tēna ō mātou mō ngā kaupapa e pā ana ki te ruku, kohi me te kai kina.
- The first two weeks back ākonga have been exploring the mangrove environment around the Hatea.
- Tau 9 ākonga are preparing for the end-of-year NCEA Literacy and Numeracy assessments. Kia kaha kōhine mā!
- Four of our girls represented Northland at the New Zealand U13 Regional Basketball Tournament in Auckland.
- These final weeks are a crucial time for our students to secure the credits they need to pass their NCEA. The right attitude is the key to success. The teachers and staff are here to support you.
- Remember to maintain uniform standards as it contributes to a positive school environment and helps foster self-discipline and responsibility.
- IronMaori Tamaki is scheduled for Saturday, December 2nd and we are taking two teams this year.
Whānau, please note
- Our kura has high expectations of ourselves and ākonga, therefore, we need to attend consistently, be awake, follow the hygiene and dress standards, and be well-rounded in our hauora.
- Healthy kai (provided) and Wai Māori are the only acceptable kai allowed at TKW. Please ensure that your tamariki has a clean and named water bottle with them each day.
As part of the merge process, Te Kāpehu Whetū has been working with SchoolDocs to create a website for our policies and procedures. We are excited to announce that the site is now live and available to our school community. Access details are in the newsletter.
Important Dates (October-December)
Academy medal ceremony, InnoNative Market day fundraiser for Italy, Prizegivings, NECA exams, Moana Futures, Teachers Only Day, Iron Māori Tamaki, and more.